Tales of Fight Creek Theaters
Fight Creek’s bustling downtown at the time sported as numerous as a dozen motion picture theaters. You could walk out of a single, wander a several toes and go into an additional. Why were there so many, and what occurred to them?
The Dreamland, the Queen, the Bijou, the Rex, the Regent, the Yard, the Strand, Michigan, and the Post. People were being just some of the places to view movies in Fight Creek.
On the up coming “Peeks into the Past,” Willard Library’s Michael McCullough and his staff remember the halcyon times of regional theaters, the folks who built them, and their location in our community’s background. You can check out the application stay on your pc, tablet, cell phone, or smart Tv set, or look at it later anytime you like.
McCullough and regional record buffs will chat as they show images of the theaters in Struggle Creek’s downtown.
The first film home was the Bijou in 1905, opened by Col. W.S. Butterfield in the old Hamblin Opera Household. The previous was the Bijou, created by Butterfield in 1909, and bulldozed into oblivion in 1984 alongside with much more than a dozen other downtown Fight Creek structures.
In among, several other theaters arrived and went, as entrepreneurs tried using to fulfill the entertainment-hungry citizens, as very well as 1000’s of momentary visitors at the Fight Creek Sanitarium, Camp Custer, and Percy Jones Military Medical center.
Who was Glenn Cross, and how several theaters did he individual? How a lot of theaters did Col. Butterfield inevitably personal? Which Theater became the new house of the Struggle Creek Civic Theater, but became a sufferer of downtown development. What happened to the big indicator on the Michigan Theater? You will see excellent pics of the Bijou Theater, in advance of and right after the huge transform, and sad photographs of the demolition.
- Peeks into the Past: Tales of Fight Creek’s Railroad Station
- Monday, Feb. 15, 7 p.m.
- Reside streaming on Willard’s Facebook Web page,YouTube, Twitter, and org
If you have a smartphone, and intelligent Television set, you can look at it on your huge display screen.
- Make confident your Iphone or iPad is on the identical wifi as your smart Tv set.
- Swipe UP on your Apple iphone and select “screen mirroring”
- Pick your Tv set if it pops up on the display screen monitor. Begin mirroring.
- Start out participating in the system on your telephone or iPad, utilizing the above-talked about feeds, on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or WillardLibrary.org
- You could possibly have to get into the menu on your wise television to allow display screen mirroring.
If you miss out on the are living feed, you can always view later on or verify out one of the other packages on the Willard Library YouTube page.
Glimpse: See how a lot gasoline charge the calendar year you started off driving
Read on to check out the cost of gas over time and rediscover just how considerably a gallon was when you initially started off driving.