KALAMAZOO, MI — Firefighters are investigating the bring about of an overnight fireplace that has resulted in an condominium making in the city’s South Road Historic District becoming deemed a full reduction.

Firefighters with the Kalamazoo Office of General public Safety responded to the blaze, at W. 814 South Street, at around 1:20 a.m., Wednesday, Feb. 24, town spokesperson Ryan Bridges advised MLive.

Only 1 of the apartments in the two-tale developing was occupied at the time of the fireplace, Bridges stated.

“The resident escaped on his have and was exterior when KDPS arrived,” he explained. “The tenant is doing the job with Red Cross on alternate housing.”

There have been no accidents incurred by the tenant or firefighters in the blaze, Bridges stated.

Kalamazoo Public Basic safety officers were being continue to on scene as of mid-morning Wednesday, placing out hot places and attempting to establish the trigger of the fireplace at the three-device setting up.

MLive Multimedia expert Joel Bissell contributed to this report.

Also on MLive:

Organization leaders to Whitmer: It is time to permit personnel work in workplaces once more

Barry County village president can take fireplace just after controversial social media article

3 venomous spiders result in closure of College of Michigan library